PADA Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 07:09:44 am
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the PADA Forums :-)

Back to PADA
7899 Posts in 2034 Topics by 22960 Members
Latest Member: gregoryed99 yed99
* Home Help Search Login Register
PADA Forum  |  leagues & pickup  |  Fairmount Park Summer League  |  Topic: Mel Kiper Coltman.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mel Kiper Coltman....  (Read 76636 times)
wereed
Allowed To Post
Pickup Poster

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 12:04:19 pm »

Has been silent thus far, need some analysis!
APeters
Allowed To Post
Competitive Club Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 12:51:54 pm »

Based on the first 5 rounds:

Great drafts:

Bulb & Pie - Wiley veteran + young athletes, Reg is really good and the 3 penn state women combo should be great for chemistry.  Likely to be one of the best 4/3 teams in the league.
JG & Dorko - Insane to have Dorko and Katie Erikson on the same team, plus he picked up a lot of height.

Good drafts:
Saltz & Tracy - Might have the best combined first and second round picks with Purifico and Chelsea Allen (though she'll miss a lot of regular season games when she's in Ghana).  Nice pickup of Chris O'Connor and his 6'5 son who can hopefully make games.
Brose & Sanelli - Defending champs should be pretty solid with Furf and Jill, Viner and Chudd.
Furdella & Fields - Attendance is going to be a problem for them, but when everyone is there this could be a dangerous team.

Other teams that jump out at me:
Franklin & Tsai - Raha a maybe for finals but Derka is a great 4rd round pickup, might need a tall guy to round them out though.
Clayton & Heather - Picked up the Hoedeman-Eiteljorgs.  It's been a long time since I've seen Alex play, but he was pretty damn good then.  Mathison is a good deep threat.
The Smiths - Jonah is a great pick but the team is going to ride on Smith to Smith chemistry.

There are a lot of other teams out there with some great athletes that could do really well if they come together just right.
jeff
Allowed To Post
Pickup Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:16:19 pm »

For the most part I agree with everything Alex said, and I will just add a little bit to what he already wrote.

I think that Weeze/Andrea ended up with a really strong team.

Venose/Ryan could be a really strong team, depending on the health of Clow's knee.

Zargham/Spencer looks solid with three good handlers in Harold, Shelly, and Zargham and then Xin's baggage (also Xin, I guess..)

Ted and Carly have played well in the past with a variety of different players on their team and generally draft well. However this year it looks like they have some familiar faces reunited. Ted has Brian W back from last season which I'm sure he was happy about (assignment to first round pick is a pretty high jump) and they are both reunited with Matt Foley. Pretty sure those 4 players have all been to A/B in the last few summers.

Len/Sandy look strong to me also, I would not want to bet against Len/Dugan and Kathi/Sandy in this years league

But really, everyone is playing for second place behind the Erickson/Dorko pain train

Bulb
Administrator
Elite Club Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 05:58:32 pm »

Geez Alex, you had to go and make us one of two "Great drafts."  So much for flying under the radar...

Cleary and Stacey got a great combo with Michael Quinn R1 and Ben Scheinfeld as R5 baggage, then picked up Rita and Crafty.

Sam Hotaling and Lexa Stambaugh got the Gruber/Strouse combo as R1/R3, and added Sean Anderson in R4.  And I've never seen her play, but I've been told Margie Guy (R2 captain's baggage) is legit.

Alex & Squeaks drafted well as always.  Stephen "Sting" Ng is a good complement to Alex, Jessie Morris is good all around, don't know Himalaya but I'm told he's the fastest guy on Void this year, and Charles Harrity is a nice addition at R4.

Tommy Ferguson and Krystal Golankiewicz should have a good regular season, but will be without Ben and Jen for Finals.

I also like Berg & Ditz.  Don't know Karen Scott, but the rest of their team looks very well rounded so far.

How 'bout Mike Logan, going from R6 in 2011 to R1 in 2012?
mfl134
Allowed To Post
Pickup Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:46:50 pm »

I expected to move further in the other direction....
billym
Allowed To Post
Competitive League Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 01:04:45 pm »

FINAL FOUR
Clayz and Janik
Peters and Squeaks
Jeff George and Dorko
Smiths (how did they escape the "Maroon rule"?)

Powerball Team
Magargee and Sandy

Finals
Clayz over Smiths
Clayton1
Allowed To Post
Casual Club Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 01:45:37 pm »

So first I need to address Billy's silly prediction.
He was half right.

The Smith's should be considered the favorite to advance through the tournament. I felt this way before I saw them play. After I saw them play I wish Vegas took bets for the Atkins cup championship.  All three Smith brothers can sit, have a water or a Beer and they will still score on 75% of the league.  They have 4   6'2"+  athletes to throw to, play D and learn from the best.  Add championship experience and current champs and you get a beast of a team.

As for us, I did not do as well as I had hoped in requests/random assignments.
We are way too old. We currently have three key injuries including Alex. All the injuries threaten to hamper our team all season. I appreciate the love from Billy but that had more to do with Alex then me/Janik and Alex will be hobbled with his torn hamstring all summer long.
Am I BSing?
Come on out to Cham 1 this Thursday and see both teams play. My prediction is Smiths 15, Ultimate Wave Tahiti 7
And that is optimistic of me.

Before I post my real analysis of rosters I plead with the Ted's, Alex Peters' etc of the world to do it instead.
I am too old and don't know all these young heads like you do so I will be overlooking all sorts of teams.

Anyone?
Beuhler?

Cheers,
MKC
Clayton1
Allowed To Post
Casual Club Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 12:50:27 pm »

Ok.

No one wants to share their thoughts publicly. So please email me privately instead and I will keep your names out of any posts.

Team to beat?
Overlooked teams?
Overhyped teams?
Favorites to earn a bye in each division?
Most likely teams to end up in last place?

Injuries I may not know about?

All info is greatly appreciated. I will be writing something up this weekend in some hotel somewhere near Ft Devens, MA.

Spinners who have been seen watching games (Brando, Harrison, Grin etc) feel free to chime in too.

Cheers and stay hydrated,
MKC
billym
Allowed To Post

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 03:01:06 pm »

Clayton,

All my predictions for Summer League are soon to be null and void.... I'M ON THE WAITLIST.

Rick, I heard your first round pick has a hamstring issue. Do you need a replacement? I should say that's what you get for picking a 48 year old 12th in the draft. If I do get on your team would this technically be against the "Maroon rule"?

Dillon, I heard your replacement player pickup for Trent also has a hammy issue. Since Trent took my spot on the Spinners it makes sense that I get his spot for Summer League right?

Billy
kgolrick1
Allowed To Post

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 03:49:42 pm »

Trent is coaching?
knappy
Allowed To Post
Super Hero Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 04:43:13 pm »

Sorry, Billy, but the FPSL coordinators are not allowed to put you & Dillon on the same team. That would cause the clubhouse to collapse into the haunted Indian burial ground beneath Edgely.

Ultimate ruined my life
billym
Allowed To Post

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 05:07:12 pm »

Hey... I did actually play 34 points of professional ultimate.
Knappy,
You do make a compelling argument about the Indian burial ground thing. I didn't realize all the implications of a Dillon/Maroon combination. 
Pages: [1] Print 
PADA Forum  |  leagues & pickup  |  Fairmount Park Summer League  |  Topic: Mel Kiper Coltman.... « previous next »
Jump to: