PADA Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 04:36:42 pm
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the PADA Forums :-)

Back to PADA
7760 Posts in 1988 Topics by 22819 Members
Latest Member: Suraj Pillai
* Home Help Search Login Register
PADA Forum  |  Community  |  General  |  Topic: Operation Destache « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Operation Destache  (Read 7026 times)
ccline
Allowed To Post
Super Hero Poster

I'M FINE! I'M JUST LOOKING FOR PAPERCLIPS!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:15:40 pm »

There are really only 2 kinds of people in the world.

1) People who love my mustache.
2) People who hate it.

Lovers, you have an opportunity to acquire a truly two-of-a-kind collectible that also doubles as a DNA treasure trove for when cloning becomes cheap and legal.

Haters, you have an opportunity to rid the world of the biggest eyesore and blight upon the senses since Veteran's Stadium. Also, you can make out with me and not have to worry about navigating around it. So there's that.

On Sunday August 14th, I am going to hold a brief ceremony to remove my mustache. It will likely be halftime of the A Pool Finals, but that's still TBD. 

So that something good can come of this evil face appendage, I will raise money for charity by raffling off chances to be the Delilah to my Samson.

Each $5 you donates is one entry.  There will be 2 winners, each removing a side.  Winners will also get a special surprise souvenir.

Messy Financial Details:
  • All $ raised will go to Movember (anti-)cancer charities (Livestrong & The Prostate Cancer Foundation), as well as PADA YO! (http://www.pada.org/youth/pada-yo).
  • Ideally, you would use the Movember site (http://bit.ly/clinemustache) or PayPal (absentcommish AT hotmail DOT com) to donate online. You can use your credit card and I'll have a record of money donated.
  • If you'd rather give me a cash or check, I won't turn those down.
  • If you can't make it in person on 8/14 or you don't even want to touch my mustache, please indicate that. I'll keep you out of the raffle, but still thank you profusely for your donation.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Now start donating!

Cline
So before they come to break down the door
Forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take any more...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:29:55 pm by ccline » Logged
ccline
Allowed To Post
Super Hero Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:55:42 am »

Bump.

If you don't feel like reading the whole thing above:

Ideally, you would use the Movember site (http://bit.ly/clinemustache) or PayPal (absentcommish AT hotmail DOT com - Marked "Personal") to donate online. You can use your credit card and I'll have a record of money donated.

Thanks.

Cline
Of all the attention my mustache has gotten, I think I'll miss strangers' the most.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:54:03 pm by ccline » Logged
ccline
Allowed To Post
Super Hero Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 01:59:19 pm »

Bump. $250 has been donated so far, but I'm sure we can do better. Dig deep and think about just how much you love/hate my mustache.

CLine
ccline
Allowed To Post
Super Hero Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:14:17 pm »

Bump. The mustache will be removed at halftime of A Pool Finals on Thursday by 2 lucky winners who will also get a special souvenir

I will continue to collect $ for the Movember charities (Livestrong & Prostate Cancer Foundation) via http://bit.ly/clinemustache and PADA YO! (http://pada.org/youth/pada-yo) via cash/Paypal (use absentcommish AT hotmail DOT com & mark as Personal) until then.

Let's try and make the world a little better for balls, prostates, and poor kids, shall we?

Cline
As well-educated as PADA is, we have shockingly low reading comprehension.
padagentile
Allowed To Post
Casual Club Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 11:41:45 am »

But what if the lucky winner said they couldn't be over the weekend, but now, due to rescheduling, can be there on Thursday?  Are they still eligible for the prize? or just to pickup Keebs garbage??
ccline
Allowed To Post
Super Hero Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 09:48:43 pm »

But what if the lucky winner said they couldn't be over the weekend, but now, due to rescheduling, can be there on Thursday?  Are they still eligible for the prize? or just to pickup Keebs garbage??

Whatever. I'm not a stickler for rules.

Cline
Fate wouldn't be cruel enough to allow me to be playing in the B Pool when there's heckling to be done in A Pool, would it? WOULD IT?
ccline
Allowed To Post
Super Hero Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:07 am »

Should the gods frown upon PADA yet again tonight, the destaching is happening regardless. It just may happen in an establishment that exchanges money for alcohol.

Stay tuned.

Cline
The reality still hasn't sunk in.
ccline
Allowed To Post
Super Hero Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 02:11:21 pm »

I'd like to thank everyone who donated $ to PADA YO (http://pada.org/youth/pada-yo) and to the Movember charities (http://bit.ly/clinemustache). And to everyone who's told me how much better I look now? I can't express my true sentiments in a family forum like this, but suffice to say it rhymes with "truck you up your stupid ass with a trucking rake you trucking truckwaffle."

With your help, I raised a total of $505. $120 of that went to PADA YO and the rest to Movember.

I'm glad some good could come out of my horrible disfigurement.

One of my last moments with my mustache. I was pouting.

Stacey & Gabi, the Raffle "winners" with their souvenirs. It was recommended that their half of the stache be placed inside the frame.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Gabi is less than thrilled, more than aroused, but never more sure of her sexuality.

Chicks with staches. Never less than hot.

I was described afterward as "a more Aryan Hitler". Which is terrible. Terribly accurate.

Bulb
Administrator
Elite Club Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 04:23:13 pm »

I was described afterward as "a more Aryan Hitler". Which is terrible. Terribly accurate.
You're welcome.
Pages: [1] Print 
PADA Forum  |  Community  |  General  |  Topic: Operation Destache « previous next »
Jump to: